Tuesday 21 May 2013

You, especially those who frequent on Steam, may have heard of Sanctum. The prequel was generally well-received by those who played it when it came out in 2011. Unfortunately, it didn’t garner as much popularity among the community. My guess would be that many were probably unwilling to try out an intricate formula. The thought of playing first person in a tower defense game would probably put off most casual players.


I bought Sanctum during 2011 winter’s Steam Sale because it was dirt cheap (then again, every game is dirt cheap on a Steam Sale). However, I’ve not touched it till today for some reason. Every time I get around to playing it, something more important usually slaps me across the face and I forget about it.

So, when Sanctum 2 was released, I was definitely keen on playing it. Bought it immediately on Day 1 and began installing it the very next second.

I must say, I really enjoyed myself, even when I was playing solo. It really is a refresher from “serious” first person shooter games, and much simpler. Granted that they don’t possess the in-depth character personalities that Team Fortress 2 has for its classes, or a huge array of weapons like in the Modern Warfare series, Sanctum 2 comes with its own charm that has got me head over heels.

It’s definitely more fun when played with other people. Coordinating your efforts, sharing resources and the occasional “trying to kill your buddy with the falling building placement” is what keeps you from growing tired of this game. Especially in the last waves, where strong, durable enemies come out to obliterate your core (the thing you’re supposed to protect); holding that last stand with your teammates brings out certain camaraderie amongst strangers.


Definitely try out Sanctum 2 if you’re in need of a different recipe for a first person shooter from the others out there currently. If you have friends in the same position, I would strongly advise you grab them now and blast some aliens away.

-Airalien

0 comments :

Post a Comment